Geneva Motorshow: 50th Anniversary Morgan +8 revealed
Wednesday 7th March 2018
Morgan Motor Company is celebrating its iconic V8-powered Plus 8, with a 50th Anniversary Edition. The family-owned British marque has officially unveiled the Plus 8 50th Anniversary Edition at the 88th annual Geneva Motor Show. The Plus 8 50th Anniversary Edition pays homage to one of Morgan's most celebrated models.
- The Plus 8 50th Anniversary represents a half-century milestone for Morgan's iconic V8-powered Plus 8
- Just 50 limited-edition examples of the model will be produced and individually numbered
- The original Plus 8 was launched in 1968 and was the first production V8 Morgan. Approximately 6,000 Plus 8s have been produced since 1968
- The Plus 8 50th Anniversary is based on Morgan's production Plus 8 and features a BMW V8 engine and a bonded and riveted aluminium chassis
- Specific design details have been carefully considered to celebrate 50 years of the Plus 8. Most prominently, the 1968 prototype Plus 8, known as 'MMC 11'
- The Plus 8 50th Anniversary models will be the final Plus 8s to feature a BMW V8 engine
- At 1,100kg, the Plus 8 is one of the lightest V8 passenger cars in the world. It is capable of 0-62 mph in 4.5 seconds and has a top speed of 155 mph
- Each of the 50 Plus 8 50th Anniversary editions is available in right or left-hand drive and with automatic or manual transmissions
- The celebratory model is available in two specification options: blue 'speedster spec' or a British racing green edition with a soft-top
- Each Plus 8 will be supplied with a Christopher Ward C1 Morgan Plus 8 Chronometer anniversary watch featuring a piece of the original 'MMC 11' Plus 8 in the back plate
- The limited-edition Plus 8 50th Anniversary will cost from £107,500 excluding local market taxes
- All of the 50 Plus 8 50th Anniversary models have been allocated to official Morgan Dealerships